March 18, 2014

of rooftops and pickle jars

do you remember the metaphoric safe i had stored all my work in? it just burst open! in a nutshell: i decided it's better to share my work than to sit on it. so i started a tumblr sketchbook, which i have been updating with a doodle everyday.

so what happened? first, common sense. who's going to care that i am making things if i don't show them to anyone? second, i came across this book by austin kleon, "show you work", in which, among many others, i found this motivating quote by dan harmon:
"find your voice, shout it from the rooftops, and keep doing it until the people that are looking for you find you."
i am currently working on patterns with fruits, and here are some oranges from my sketchbook:

oranges

when a person doesn't make use of something they own, in armenian we ask them, "are you making pickles with it?" if i don't want my oranges to become pickled ones, i'd better shout them from my rooftop.

shouting from the rooftops.
throwing out of the pickle jar.
bursting the safe open.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you decided to keep sharing your work! I found your blog last year and have been a fan ever since. I think art is meant to be shared! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Amanda! i checked your website, your work is great! i wish i had the time to blog often. hopefully soon.

      Delete